First Things First
How You Got Here, and What It Means
You Are an Authorized User on the Service
What This Means for You and for Us
Customer has agreed to our Customer Terms of Service or entered into a written agreement (in either case, the “Customer Agreement”) with us. The Customer Agreement contains terms that govern the delivery of our Service to the Customer and the users it authorizes, including a mutual understanding that when you submit, upload, or create content in the Service, the Customer owns that content.
We own all intellectual property rights in the Service, including any derivatives, changes, and improvements. Your access or use of the Service does not grant you any intellectual property rights in the Service.
We will happily accept feedback from you about the Service or your experience with the Service. When you provide feedback to us, we own it and can use it however we choose.
The Relationships Among You, Customer, and Us
If your access to the Service has been granted on behalf of a Customer, Customer is solely responsible for:
- Updating you on their policies and practices and any settings that relate to their content;
- Getting and maintaining all the necessary consents from you for you to use the content in the Service;
- Ensuring that the transfer and processing of their content is permitted by all applicable laws; and
- Responding to and resolving any disputes with you relating to their content or the Service.
We offer the Service “as-is” and “as available.” We or the Customer may suspend or terminate your access to the Service at any time.
A Few Ground Rules
Our Service is designed for users who are at least 18 years old. If you are not at least 18 years old, you should not access or use the Service. By accessing the Service, you’re confirming that you’re at least 18 years old.
When You Access or Use the Service, You Must Follow the Rules
- Use a browser that uses SSL and TLS1.2 or higher (SSL/TLS are encryption protocols, and you can check whether your browser uses them in the browser settings);
- Only access, use, or upload content to the Service that you have or the Customer has the necessary rights to;
- Take reasonable care when inviting other individuals to access the Service and granting permissions;
- Take reasonable care to prevent unauthorized access to or use of the Service;
- Keep user account credentials, passwords, and all other login information safe and confidential;
- If there are issues, reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org and work with us to figure out and resolve those issues; and
- Comply with all applicable terms of the third party services offered within the Service.
- Misuse the Service or encourage anyone else to misuse the Service;
- Copy, use, or share any information you get from the Service with unauthorized third parties, unless you have Customer’s permission;
- Share information that you don’t have permission or authority to share (e.g. confidential information);
- Use the Service to engage in or encourage any activity that is illegal, deceptive, harmful, or violates the rights of others;
- Violate any laws, regulations, or industry standards or guidance (e.g. privacy and data protection laws, intellectual property laws, child protection laws, laws against hate crimes, laws against the incitement of violence or laws against helping terrorist groups);
- Interfere with or otherwise have a negative impact on any aspect of the Service or any other service, device, data, account, or network (e.g. sharing your account, trying to gain unauthorized access to the Service, distributing spam or malware, or attempting to find a workaround to usage limits);
- Reverse engineer or otherwise try to figure out or copy the Service, any of our related technology, or our source code for any reason; and
- Create a false identity or misrepresent an affiliation with any person or organization.
You’re Here at the Pleasure of Our Customer and Us
Limitation of Liability
This limit on liabilities applies no matter what the circumstances are surrounding the liabilities. If a law applies to this section, our liability will be limited to the maximum extent allowed by that law.
General Information You Also Need to Know
If the Customer and CS can’t help you with a dispute, we’ll escalate the dispute internally to try to resolve it. If that doesn’t work, then we’ll follow the dispute resolution process outlined in the Customer Agreement that the Customer entered into with us. You will only resolve disputes with us on an individual basis and will not bring a claim as a plaintiff or a class member in a class, consolidated, or representative action.
If you need to notify us, you’ll do it via email to CS (email@example.com). If we need to notify you, we’ll do it in the Service or via email to the email address you designated in your account. You’ll also be able to manage your settings to control the notifications you get from us or from other users.