Everlaw Community Code of Conduct
Last Updated: October 18, 2021 | Archived Versions | Download PDF
A Few Ground Rules
When You Attend or Engage in the Everlaw Community, You Must Follow the Below Rules:
- Be professional, polite, and nonjudgmental. Any discussions in the Everlaw Community should remain constructive and focused on the topic at hand;
- Contribute and share by asking questions and engaging in discourse;
- Comply with the instructions of Everlaw Event staff and Everlaw Community moderators;
- Comply with the terms of any customer agreement that governs your use of the Everlaw Service; and
- Comply with all applicable laws and, in the context of Everlaw Events, all of Everlaw’s Event-specific requirements (including all health and safety requirements).
- Make discriminatory, harassing, abusive, derogatory, or otherwise offensive remarks, including, but not limited to, libelous or defamatory remarks, slurs, discrimination, profanity, or other abusive or vulgar language, and the promotion of negative sentiments against individuals;
- Post spam, including but not limited to: sharing the same content multiple times on the same thread; sharing irrelevant content; or offering unsolicited commercial services;
- Share any confidential information of a third party in the Everlaw Community; and
- Promote or disparage: Everlaw competitors (advertising or selling competitive software is not welcome); or competitors within your own industry.
Everlaw expects all Everlaw community members (including but not limited to Event attendees, vendors, Event Sponsors, speakers, volunteers, moderators, and Everlaw employees) to uphold the principles of this Code of Conduct. In the context of Everlaw events, this Code of Conduct covers the main event and all related events (social or otherwise). Everlaw employees must continue to abide by all company policies at all times.
Community members understand that Everlaw is not a law firm and does not provide legal advice or engage in the practice of law. Community members acknowledge that their participation in the Everlaw Community is not to seek legal advice.
Inappropriate behavior and/or violations of the expectations outlined in this Code of Conduct will not be tolerated. If asked to stop inappropriate behavior, please comply immediately. If Everlaw believes that you have breached this Code of Conduct, Everlaw may prohibit you from attending future Everlaw Events and interacting in the Everlaw Community.
If Everlaw believes that you have breached this Code of Conduct while participating in the Everlaw Community, Everlaw reserves the right to remove you and edit or remove posts from the respective Everlaw Community forum, in its sole discretion.
If Everlaw believes that you have breached this Code of Conduct in the context of an Everlaw Event, you may be removed from the Event at the sole discretion of Everlaw. If Everlaw requires you to leave an Everlaw Event, you will not be eligible to receive a refund of any fees paid to Everlaw related to the Event. Everlaw will involve law enforcement if we deem appropriate.
If you witness or are subjected to inappropriate behavior or have any other concerns, notify a member of the Everlaw team as soon as possible. If you have any questions regarding this Code of Conduct, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.