8:00am - 3:00pm
Thursday, May 18
Ronald Reagan Building
8:00am - 3:00pm
Transforming the Public Sector
Join leaders in law and ediscovery from throughout the greater D.C. area for a day of in-person education, peer-to-peer panels, and in-depth training, exclusively for government legal professionals.
With sessions on the latest trends in government legal tech, emerging data types, cloud security, and leveraging tech for FOIA responses, Everlaw Connect D.C. equips ediscovery professionals like you with the solutions and strategies essential to future proof your agency.
Registration is currently closed. We hope to see you at a future Connect event!
Principal Solutions Architect, Public Sector, Amazon Web Services (AWS)
Hon. John M. Facciola
U.S. Magistrate Judge (Ret.)
VP Discovery & Disclosure, Deloitte
Sr. Director, Public Sector Solutions & Operations, Everlaw
Director, Gulf Coast Legal Technology Center
- Continental Breakfast
- Opening Remarks
- Keeping up with AI and New Data Types In Government
- Networking Break
- Federal ESI’s Journey from Digital Evidence to Trial Exhibit
- How to Ease the Burden of FOIA Response
- Secure Cloud Migration for Government Agencies
- Closing Remarks and Product Demos
8:00am - 9:00am
Kick off Everlaw Connect D.C. with a continental breakfast alongside your colleagues and peers.
9:00am - 9:30am
Welcome and State of the Industry: Legaltech Transformations in the Public Sector
Everlaw’s Alan Lawrence, General Manager, Public Sector, welcomes you to Everlaw Connect D.C. Then Angela Kovach, Sr. Director, Public Sector Solutions and Operations at Everlaw, kicks off the day with a look at the latest developments in public sector legal technology.
Keeping up with AI and New Data Types In Government
9:40am - 10:25am
- Byron Liu, Product Lead, Everlaw
- Samuel Seligman, Senior Customer Success Manager, Federal Government, Everlaw
Join us for guidance on controlling emerging data types and get innovative strategies for processing and reviewing novel data to help future-proof your agency.
10:25am - 10:45am
Stretch your legs and connect with your peers during a brief networking interlude.
Federal ESI’s Journey from Digital Evidence to Trial Exhibit
10:45am - 11:30am
- Hon. John M. Facciola, U.S. Magistrate Judge (ret.), Georgetown Law
- Tom O’Connor, Director, Gulf Coast Legal Technology
- John Carr, Director, Federal Programs, Everlaw (Moderator)
Learn what legal professionals experience as they strive to illuminate the truth and promote justice in a federal criminal case, by hearing from key decision makers across this complex journey from investigation to trial.
11:45am - 1:00pm
Join us for a delicious networking lunch on site.
How to Ease the Burden of FOIA Response
1:00pm - 1:45pm
- Brian McNamara, VP Discovery & Disclosure, Deloitte
- Sheneika Hurley, Solutions Architect, Public Sector, Everlaw
Join leaders in public records requests as they discuss changes in FOIA response in recent years, review best practices and workflows, and identify new areas in technology innovation helping agencies fulfill the mission of FOIA.
Secure Cloud Migration for Government Agencies
1:55pm - 2:40pm
- Fazal Mohammed, Principal Solutions Architect, Public Sector, Amazon Web Services
- James Walley, Sr. Manager Discovery & Disclosure, Deloitte
- Megha Thakkar, Senior Director, Governance, Risk and Compliance, Everlaw
- Angela Kovach, Sr. Director, Public Sector Solutions & Operations, Everlaw (Moderator)
Join experts in FedRAMP, cloud computing, infrastructure, industry standards, and cybersecurity as they share their insights and strategies to keep your agency’s data safe and secure as you move to the cloud.
Closing Remarks and Product Demos
2:40pm - 4:00pm
Join us as we close out the day at 2:40pm. Then, stay around for continued networking and hands-on product demonstrations with Everlaw experts until 4:00pm.