Everlaw is committed to protecting the privacy and security of the personal information we collect and process in connection with your application for a job at Everlaw.
This Policy covers the personal information applicants (“Applicants”) provide to Everlaw and/or to third parties that process data on our behalf during the application or recruitment process including but not limited to when you respond to a job opening on everlaw.com/careers, when you submit an application to email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, or email@example.com, or when you are referred for a job opening at Everlaw.
Information We Collect
When you apply to a job opening at Everlaw, we collect personal information you share with us on a voluntary basis.
The personal information Everlaw collects may include but not limited to:
- Personal contact information (e.g. your name, email address, phone number)
- Sensitive and/or demographic information (e.g. gender, information about your citizenship and/or nationality, medical or health information and/or your racial or ethnic origin)
- Professional information (e.g. your cv or resume, cover letter, past and current company, work authorization information, professional memberships)
- Information about your educational and professional background, including information from publicly available sources that you provide to us (such as your linkedin, Twitter and/or Github profiles, Portfolio URL)
- Information from interviews you may have during the application or recruitment process
- Details of how you heard about the position
- Reference information and/or information received from background checks, including information provided by third parties
- Information relating to your references
- Information related to any assessment you may take as part of the recruitment process
- Other information you elect to provide to us in support of the application and recruitment process.
If you reside in the US, Everlaw may process sensitive personal information so Everlaw can comply with Equal Employment Opportunity requirements.
How We Use Your Information
Everlaw uses and processes your information, alone or in combination, for the following application and recruitment process, which includes:
- Processing your application to a job opening
- Assessing your capabilities, skills, qualifications and interests against a job opening
- Verifying your information and conducting reference checks and background checks (where applicable)
- Responding to your enquiries and communicating with you about the recruitment process and/or your application(s)
- Comply with applicable laws, regulations, legal processes or enforceable governmental requests
- Improving Everlaw’s application and/or recruitment process including improving inclusion and diversity in recruitment practices.
We may also use your information to protect the rights and property of Everlaw, our users, applicants, employees or the public as required or permitted by law.
If you are offered a position at Everlaw and you accept it, the information collected during the application and recruitment process will become part of your employment file.
How We Secure Information
We have adopted reasonable physical, technical and organizational safeguards against accidental, unauthorized or unlawful destruction, loss, alteration, disclosure, access, use or processing of personal information we collect. If you have any questions about the security of your personal information, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Everlaw is headquartered in the US and has offices, employees and service providers who operate around the globe. Therefore, as a global business, Everlaw processes, hosts and transfers personal information in different countries. These countries may have data protection laws that are different to the laws of your country.
Everlaw fully assesses the circumstances involving all cross-border data transfers and has appropriate safeguards in place to ensure that your personal information will remain protected in accordance with this Policy. Currently, Everlaw uses the European Commission’s Standard Contractual Clauses as the basis for Everlaw’s approach to global data privacy protection. These Standard Contractual Clauses provide appropriate safeguards with respect to the protection of the privacy and fundamental rights and freedoms of individuals and the exercise of the corresponding rights. Our Standard Contractual Clauses can be provided upon request. We have implemented similar appropriate safeguards where legally required with our third-party service providers and further details can be provided upon request.
Your Privacy Rights
Where we are acting as a data controller, and depending on your location and subject to applicable law, you may have the rights below with regard to the personal information we control about you. For all requests surrounding your personal information or questions about your rights per this Policy, please contact us at email@example.com, and we will respond promptly.
You can access, correct, update, and delete your personal information by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are a Service User, you can also update, correct, or modify your account information at any time by logging into your Everlaw account or contacting us at email@example.com.
If you are a resident or a visitor from the EEA, UK, or Switzerland, you can object to the processing of your personal information and ask us to restrict processing of your personal information or request portability of your personal information. To exercise these rights, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Lodging a Complaint with a Supervisory Authority
You have the right to submit a complaint to a European Union (“EU”) supervisory authority if you believe that your personal information has been processed in a manner that is not compliant with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”). You also have the right to submit a complaint to an EU supervisory authority if Everlaw is unable to comply with your right of data portability or does not respond to your request in a timely manner.
If you are resident in the EEA and UK, the contact details for data protection authorities are available here. If you are resident in Switzerland, the contact details for the data protection authorities are available here.
We retain your personal information where we have an ongoing legitimate business need to do so and for a period of time consistent with the original purpose as described in this Policy (e.g. process your application, comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements).
Under California law, California residents who have an established business relationship with Everlaw may choose to opt out of Everlaw’s disclosure of personal information about them to third-parties for direct marketing purposes. If you choose to opt out at any time after granting approval, email email@example.com. In accordance with California Civil Code Section 1789.3, California resident users are entitled to know that they may file grievances and complaints with the California Department of Consumer Affairs, 400 R Street, STE 1080, Sacramento, CA 95814; by phone at (916) 445-1254 or (800) 952-5210; or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”) requires businesses to disclose whether they sell Personal Data (as defined in the CCPA). As a business covered by the CCPA, we do not sell Personal Data. We may share Personal Data with third-parties or allow them to collect Personal Data from our websites or services if those third-parties are authorized service providers or business partners who have agreed to our contractual limitations as to their retention, use, and disclosure of such Personal Data, or if you use our Services to interact with third parties or direct us to disclose your Personal Data to third parties.
Changes to this Policy
We may change this Policy from time to time. We will post any changes to this Policy on this page and will update the Last Updated date accordingly.
If you have any questions about this Policy, please contact email@example.com or:
2101 Webster Street, Ste 1500
Oakland, California 94612