Everlaw is looking for a Senior Financial Analyst to join our rapidly growing Finance team. As a key member of the FP&A Team, you’ll be responsible for Adaptive Insights, our planning tool, and partner with the G&A and R&D teams. You will also work across Finance on month end close processes and maturing our workflow and systems in line with company growth. This role will actively participate in annual budgeting, planning, and our rolling forecast. Reporting to the Director of FP&A, you’ll have the opportunity to roll up your sleeves to help scale an organization that is doing meaningful work in the industry, valuing truth and helping our users discover it.
Finance holds several distinct responsibilities critical to the healthy functioning of the company. Accounting safeguards our company’s assets and ensures our financial statements are in accordance with GAAP. FP&A acts as the analytical voice to the business and works with business leaders to develop long-term strategies and plans. Treasury invests our cash that is not needed for operations, protecting our financial trajectory. In all of our efforts, we aim to provide a lens into the financial underpinnings of Everlaw so our company can make informed data-driven decisions as we continue to grow.
At Everlaw, our mission is to promote justice by illuminating truth. Our company culture is open and vibrant, and we’re committed to the professional growth of our team members, offering an annual learning and development stipend and regular check-ins with managers regarding career goals. If you’re looking for a place that values passion, integrity, thinking big, and a desire to learn, we’d love to hear from you! Think you’re missing some of the skills and are hesitant to apply? We do not believe in the ‘perfect’ candidate and encourage you to apply if you feel you can bring value to our team.
This is a full-time, exempt, onsite position located in Oakland, California.
- We want you to feel like part of the team early on! Our onboarding process will integrate you into the company with informative sessions on our product, policies, processes, and team structure and goals.
- We’re excited for you to learn, grow, and contribute right away! We trust that you’ll bring experience and knowledge that will uplift and uplevel the team, but we don’t expect you to know everything on Day 1.
In your role, you'll...
- Understand, participate in, and help streamline month end close processes
- Own Adaptive Planning model; including maintenance, model enhancements and FP&A system integrations
- Update and improve corporate headcount assumptions, drivers and reporting
- Be responsible for forecasting AWS spend and internal reporting and drive savings
- Partner with leaders across the G&A and R&D functions to support corporate objectives
- Maintain the corporate model in Excel and proactively identify improvements
- Assist with the preparation of materials for the Board and company leadership
- Support ad hoc modeling and reporting request
- You have a Bachelor’s degree
- You have experience maintaining and owning a planning tool (e.g., Adaptive, Anaplan, Hyperion, etc)
- You have at least four years of progressive experience in private and/or public company roles
- You have strong Google Sheets and/or Microsoft Excel skills and desire to improve
- You love learning new things and believe that anything can be accomplished through dedication and hard work.
- You have a positive mindset and truly believe that obstacles are simply opportunities in disguise.
- You excel at organizing information to put yourself in the best position to weigh alternatives and choose the best course of action to solve problems and improve processes.
- You are authorized to work in the United States; please note that at this time, Everlaw is not sponsoring visas for any positions.
- You have implemented a planning tool and have experience with Adaptive. Ours is already operational.
- You have experience working in a fast-growing startup environment.
- You have an analytical mindset and the desire to make improvements.
- The expected salary range for this role is between $115,000 and $140,000. The final offered salary will be dependent upon many factors including the candidate’s experience and skills. The base pay range is subject to change in the future.
- Equity program
- 401(k) retirement plan with company matching
- Health, dental, and vision
- Flexible Spending Accounts for health and dependent care expenses
- Paid parental leave and approximately 10 days (80 hours) per year of sick leave
- Seventeen paid vacation days plus 11 federal holidays
- Membership to Modern Health to help employees prioritize mental health and wellness
- Annual allocation for Learning & Development opportunities and applicable professional membership dues
- Company-sponsored life and disability insurance
- Work in Uptown Oakland, just steps from the BART line and dozens of restaurants and walking distance to Lake Merritt
- Flexible work-from-home days on Tuesdays and Fridays
- Monthly home internet reimbursement
- Select your preference of hardware (Mac or PC) and customize your desk setup
- Enjoy a wide variety of snacks and beverages in the office
- Bond over company-wide out-of-the-box events and fun activities with your team
- Time off for company-sponsored volunteer events and 4 paid hours per quarter to volunteer at a charitable organization of your choice
- Take advantage of learning and career development opportunities
- Ranked #9 on Glassdoor's Best Places to Work 2023 for US small and medium companies
- One of Wealthfront’s 2021 Career Launching Companies, and ranked #2 on the “2022 Bay Area Best Places to Work” list by the San Francisco Business Times and the Silicon Valley Business Journal
- One of Fast Company’s World's Most Innovative Companies for 2022 and proud contributor of free ediscovery resources to benefit the greater good through “Everlaw for Good”
Pursue Truth While Finding Yours
At Everlaw, we are deeply invested in pursuing the truth, for our clients and for our employees. We know that when you’re empowered to pursue your passions, it is reflected in the work. That’s why we’re committed to the professional growth of all our team members, offering an annual learning and development stipend and regular career check-ins with managers. If you’re looking for a place that values passion, integrity, and a desire to learn, we’d love to hear from you!
We help law firms, government agencies, and corporations sift through millions of documents of evidence in big lawsuits and investigations to find the proverbial smoking gun (or needle in the haystack -- pick your metaphor). It's a multi-billion dollar space typically dominated by service-oriented vendors, and we're coming at it with cutting-edge technology and elegant design. It's working, and we've been growing very rapidly: we host hundreds of terabytes of data and work with all 50 state Attorneys General and hundreds of law firms on some of the most high-profile cases litigated today.
Everlaw is an equal opportunity employer. We pride ourselves on having a diverse workforce and we do not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or related condition, or any other basis protected by law. We respect the gender, gender identity and gender expression of our applicants and employees, and we honor requests for pronouns. It is our policy to comply with all applicable national, state and local laws pertaining to nondiscrimination and equal opportunity, including the California Equal Pay Act
. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Everlaw requires all of its employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, unless a medical or religious exemption applies. If you are hired, we will require you to prove that you have received the COVID-19 vaccine, unless you have received a medical or religious exemption.