Everlaw is seeking a Program Lead to lead and manage the Everlaw for Good program, the public service initiative that makes our product available to Investigative Journalists, Nonprofit Organizations, Pro Bono Lawyers, and Law School Clinics. This unique offering seeks to promote justice by leveling the playing field and assisting professionals in these non-profit verticals by transforming their practices with technology, and enabling secure collaboration and faster fact-finding.Over 100 organizations use Everlaw through the Everlaw for Good program today, and we’re excited to expand its reach with this key hire.
As the inaugural leader for this program you will report to our Vice President of Business Development. You will bring to the role experience in developing and leading technology-enabled non-profit programs. Your belief in process and commitment to growth will elevate the program to its next level, establishing strategic relationships and showcasing Everlaw’s work in the community for the societal good. This is an exciting opportunity to collaborate with members from our executive team in a re-imagining of a program which sits at the heart of the legal community.
Everlaw's Business Development team manages the Everlaw for Good Program, alongside Everlaw's partner ecosystem, and other strategic business initiatives. We are a highly cross-functional team, working with our colleagues in Sales, Customer Success, Marketing, and Product to develop strategic partnerships that ultimately help our customers unlock the most value from Everlaw. In doing so, we seek to establish deep win-win relationships with all our partners, helping them build their business side-by-side with our joint customers' success.
At Everlaw, our mission is to promote justice by illuminating truth. Our company culture is open and vibrant and we’re committed to the professional growth of our team members, offering an annual learning and development stipend and regular check-ins with managers regarding career goals. If you’re looking for a place that values passion, integrity, thinking big, and a desire to learn, we’d love to hear from you! Think you’re missing some of the skills and are hesitant to apply? We do not believe in the ‘perfect’ candidate and encourage you to apply if you feel you can bring value to our team.
This is a full-time position based in our Oakland, CA office with a hybrid work schedule: in office M/W/Th with the option to work from home Tu/Fr.
- We want you to feel like part of the team early on! Our onboarding process will integrate you into the company with informative sessions on our product, policies, processes, and team structure and goals.
- We’re excited for you to learn, grow, and contribute right away! We trust that you’ll bring experience and knowledge that will uplift and uplevel the team, but we don’t expect you to know everything on Day 1.
In your role, you'll...
- Envision, design, and set the long term strategy for the Everlaw for Good program, including program evolution, operational scale-up, and proactive community engagement.
- Serve as the external and internal leader and evangelist for Everlaw’s partnerships and collaborations with non-profit and pro-bono organizations in the legal tech industry.
- Identify and recruit marquee Everlaw for Good customers by designing and implementing outreach processes for high-impact Everlaw for Good prospects.
- Oversee the end-to-end program operations for Everlaw for Good, including the development and refinement of program processes, identification and measurement of program metrics, and setting / managing program objectives.
- Improve and manage existing client qualification requirements for the program and improve the internal vetting process in collaboration with Everlaw’s Legal teams.
- Improve and manage the contracting process for Everlaw for Good clients, including working cross functionally with key stakeholders, such as Everlaw’s Customer Success, Legal and Sales teams.
- Work hand-in-hand with our dedicated network of Customer Success Managers to onboard, train, and grow successful E4G customers
- Work cross functionally with Everlaw’s Marketing team to build broad awareness for the program and to identify and develop lighthouse customer sponsorships and marketing collateral.
- Create and maintain program KPIs and report out to our VP of Business Development.
- You have at least 8 years of experience, mostly operating and managing technology industry non-profit programs.
- You know how to develop and execute on a long term plan to enable an inspiring and impactful vision for the Everlaw for Good program. You are able to break down the specific steps that will enable you to effect that vision. You understand what resources, time and skills are necessary for a given project within your strategic plan. You create goals and objectives that will operationalize the plan, along with success metrics to evaluate whether a given project within your strategic plan has been effectively completed.
- You design, implement, and manage high-impact non-profit programs centered around technology products and ecosystems. You develop and innovate better ways to drive program initiatives by engaging, influencing, and leading cross-functional teams. Your program is driven by well designed processes but you keep an open mind to change when improvements are needed and are able to identify those needs and execute new processes in a timely fashion.
- You are able to understand complex topics across various functional areas, including program objectives and requirements, product, legal, and commercial terms, and articulate clearly and effectively to a wide range of internal and external audiences (customer, prospects, peers, managers, senior executives). You are an effective storyteller and relish the opportunity to convey to audiences small and large the impact of the Everlaw for Good program on the community as well as the impact of the work of its clients.
- You thrive in ambiguity, identifying and defining the problem at hand - effects on customers, business stakeholders and organizations, what risks are involved, etc. You analyze the circumstances and drive concrete effective solutions through inception, implementation, and iteration with minimal guidance, using strong judgment on when to engage stakeholders and consult for advice on decision-making.
- You are action-oriented with a penchant to roll up your sleeves and get things done. You are adept at managing your time and balancing multiple tasks simultaneously. You prioritize based on project and strategic goals as well as tactical performance and engage with key stakeholders to meet deadlines.
- You are authorized to work in the United States. Please note that currently, Everlaw is not sponsoring employment visas for this position.
Think you’re missing some of the skills and are hesitant to apply? We do not believe in the ‘perfect’ candidate and encourage you to apply if you feel you can bring value to our team. Learn more about Life at Everlaw.
- The expected salary range for this role is between $175,000 - $205,000. The final offered salary will be dependent upon many factors including the candidate’s experience and skills. The base pay range is subject to change in the future.
- Equity program
- 401(k) retirement plan with company matching
- Health, dental, and vision
- Flexible Spending Accounts for health and dependent care expenses
- Paid parental leave and approximately 10 days (80 hours) per year of sick leave
- Seventeen paid vacation days plus 11 federal holidays
- Membership to Modern Health to help employees prioritize mental health and wellness
- Annual allocation for Learning & Development opportunities and applicable professional membership dues
- Company-sponsored life and disability insurance
- Find out more about our Benefits and Perks
- Work in Uptown Oakland, just steps from the BART line and dozens of restaurants and walking distance to Lake Merritt
- Flexible work-from-home days on Tuesdays and Fridays
- Monthly home internet reimbursement
- Select your preference of hardware (Mac or PC) and customize your desk setup
- Enjoy a wide variety of snacks and beverages in the office
- Bond over company-wide out-of-the-box events and fun activities with your team
- Time off for company-sponsored volunteer events and 4 paid hours per quarter to volunteer at a charitable organization of your choice
- Take advantage of learning and career development opportunities
- Ranked #9 on Glassdoor's Best Places to Work 2023 for US small and medium companies
- One of Wealthfront’s 2021 Career Launching Companies, and ranked #2 on the “2022 Bay Area Best Places to Work” list by the San Francisco Business Times and the Silicon Valley Business Journal
- One of Fast Company’s World's Most Innovative Companies for 2022 and proud contributor of free ediscovery resources to benefit the greater good through “Everlaw for Good”
Pursue Truth While Finding Yours
At Everlaw, we are deeply invested in pursuing the truth, for our clients and for our employees. We know that when you’re empowered to pursue your passions, it is reflected in the work. That’s why we’re committed to the professional growth of all our team members, offering an annual learning and development stipend and regular career check-ins with managers. If you’re looking for a place that values passion, integrity, and a desire to learn, we’d love to hear from you!
We help law firms, government agencies, and corporations sift through millions of documents of evidence in big lawsuits and investigations to find the proverbial smoking gun (or needle in the haystack -- pick your metaphor). It's a multi-billion dollar space typically dominated by service-oriented vendors, and we're coming at it with cutting-edge technology and elegant design. It's working, and we've been growing very rapidly: we host hundreds of terabytes of data and work with all 50 state Attorneys General and hundreds of law firms on some of the most high-profile cases litigated today.
Everlaw is an equal opportunity employer. We pride ourselves on having a diverse workforce and we do not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or related condition, or any other basis protected by law. We respect the gender, gender identity and gender expression of our applicants and employees, and we honor requests for pronouns. It is our policy to comply with all applicable national, state and local laws pertaining to nondiscrimination and equal opportunity, including the California Equal Pay Act
. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Everlaw requires all of its employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, unless a medical or religious exemption applies. If you are hired, we will require you to prove that you have received the COVID-19 vaccine, unless you have received a medical or religious exemption.